The new season of Premier League is about to begin and the schedule has been announced. Before enjoying this another great season of English football, you might be interested in knowing which team got the promotion and which team relegated to the second league. Premier League 2018-19 will start on 10th August 2018 and the last game will be played on 12 May 2019. Just like previous seasons, three new teams have been promoted for this new season. Check who they are.
Premier League 2018-19 Promoted Teams
1. Wolverhampton Wanderers: This is the first appearance of Wolverhampton since 2011-12 season. Following a 1-1 draw against Brentford on 14th April 2018, the club assured their place in the Premier League. They were also promoted as 2017-18 EFL Championship.
2. Cardiff City: On the last day of 2017-18 EFL Championship, Cardiff city played a goalless draw against Reading and finished at the second spot that assured their place in the Premier League 2018-19. This will be their second appearance in Premier League after 2013-14 season.
3. Fulham: Fulham had to win the 2018 EFL Championship play-off against Aston Villa. The match was held at the Wembley Stadium on 26 May 2018. Fulham will make comeback in the Premier League after season 2013-14.
Premier League 2018-19 Relegated Teams
1. Stoke City: This was the first relegation of Stoke City from the Premier League. After a 1-2 defeat against Crystal Palace on 5th May, Stoke City relegated to EFL Championship and ended their 10 years stay in the Premier League.
2. West Bromwich Albion: WBA relegated to EFL after 8 years in the Premier League. Defeat against Southampton cost them a place in this season. On 8th May 2018, Southampton claimed a 1-0 win against Swansea City due to which West Brom relegated to EFL.
3. Swansea City: It was also the first relegation of Swansea City from the top flight. The Swans lost to already relegated team, ending their 7 year stay in the Premier League.
So these are the relegated and promoted teams of Premier League 2018-19 season. Are you ready for the new season?